I'll let you in on a few secrets about me first
- I hate airplanes, fake crime dramas on television, and Celine Dion music.
- I’m thankful I’m a social worker instead of a figure skater because wearing sequins to work every day sounds miserable.
- I’ve never met a doughnut I didn’t like.
- During the times I’m not busy being a husband, father, social worker, or runner, I play and compose piano music.
- Not too long ago, when I answered a knock on our door, the lady asked if my mom was home.
- I have no doubt that I could eat my weight in pumpkin pie.
- I would give anything to be able to grow a moustache like Burt Reynolds.
- Our family has a Great Dane we named Little Debbie.
- I have a bad reputation for passing out when I get my blood drawn.
- I would love to be the director of a Gospel choir. Not that I know how to sing. Or have the slightest clue how to direct music.
Then there’s the family stuff. My wife Melanie is a nurse and I love her. My kids Jackson, Danica, and Kylee are awesome. I love them too. Sometimes we get busy and have cereal for dinner. (I love me a big bowl of Raisin Bran.) That Great Dane I mentioned earlier is a master counter surfer. You turn your head for a split second and that piece of pizza on your plate will vanish.
And then there’s the running stuff. I really love the running stuff. I love to run far and challenge my body to see what I’m capable of. I love the difficulty, dedication, and triumph that can come from running. I love seeing the perseverance and support and encouragement of the running community. I really, really love the running community. At least as much as a thick slice of pumpkin pie. Now that’s saying something.
- Columnist for UltraRunning Magazine
- Only person to complete a quadruple St. George Marathon
- Race director of the Baker's Dozen Half Marathon
- Ran a 100 miler per month in 2014
- Piano composer (music can be found on iTunes or Spotify under Cory Reese)
- Ran 205 miles at Across The Years 72 hour race
- Brand rep for Altra, Tailwind Nutrition, St. George Running Center, UltrAspire, and Ultra Adventures